Question About T Tools

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Question About T Tools
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:05 am:

Yesterday at the Englishtown Swap Meet I picked up 2 Ford adjustable wrenches. One plain and one with the square tang on the end. They appear to have a very old coating of paint on them and I was wondering if the tools originally came with some kind of finish on them. I doubt it was very durable if they did because the standard "look" is a light coat of rust.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:01 pm:

Nobody knows?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Hagstrom on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Charlie,

The 'square tang' wrench is a model A wrench. It is my understanding that most Ford wrench kit tools were unfinished. However, I've heard that some were painted black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:34 pm:

Painted black i think but I have a couple that are not painted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

The square end on the monkey wrench was used in 1927.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:58 pm:

The square tang came out in 26 and carried through to the model A.The diffy plug had been changed by then. They had a black oxide coating.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 10:06 pm:

The 27 to late 28 or early 29 Model A's used a slotted plug then went back to the square.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:14 am:

The reason I asked was the tools have that black wash like coating I've seen on some T engines. It doesn't seem to come off at all. I was wondering also are there any examples of "new" tools or has any one seen these wrenches in an unused condition?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration