Original Fronty Blue Prints

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Original Fronty Blue Prints
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wlliam Dunbar on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 04:19 pm:

I found a set of blue prints for a special Model A Ford crank, Rod, & camshaft. These were designed by A. Chevrolet, and drawn by his son A.C Jr. in April 1931.

Would these be for a stagger valve Fronty?

Thanks, Bill In Luziana

Blue Print CrankBlue Print RodBlue Print Cam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 05:07 am:

Certainly are AF16! Thanks for posting Bill

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wlliam Dunbar on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:05 am:

Thanks Mark, I appreciate your input. The blue print of the camshaft only shows 1-cam, and not 2, and this concerned me a little bit. As you know, the AF16 was a DOHC mill. Since it was a stagger valve design the I would think the second cam would have a different lobe pattern. No big deal, just reverse the intake and exhaust lobes for each cylinder.

Any other thoughts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 10:14 am:

William
Please post the rest of the camshaft drawing if you have it.
Thx
Les

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mark herdman on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 05:48 am:

Wlliam

I thought the cams would be same for both sides, as both sides do the same thing at the same time? That's part of the idea of the stagger valve.

Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration