The Amish fellow and Bud.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: The Amish fellow and Bud.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 05:54 pm:

While at a auction sale in Clare Mi today a Amish man saw my model T Ford jacket and talked with me about the T!! He was astounded at the 52 mph i once made with my T! I guess 20 hp is alot when your used to only one hp! When i told him about free start's you could see wheel's turning.Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 06:13 pm:

Hey Bud - Do you suppose it had something to do with your "Santa Claus" style beard?

Just sayin' :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 06:25 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 06:41 pm:

Dick, that's hilarious!

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

Dick,I almost fell out of my chair and i have seen them but never thought about it!! Keith,Even if i dressed i can't pass cause all them folk's are skinny! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

The Amish and others aren't skinny if you eat dinner at Mary Yoder's restaurant. I love the home made pies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

Dick,
ROFLMFHO! I'm going to pass that one on!
Mmmm PIE. . . . .
Now look what you've done Dennis!! You ARE a Menace!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

It was 8.00 but a Rasberry pie came home with me!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:18 am:

Our car club is having our Dust Off Tour in May and will be eating at Mary's Bakery (Langston, MI?). Home (wood stove)cooked chicken dinners with all the fixings. You need to have about 20 people and make reservations well in advance. Did it a couple years ago. YUM! Afterward we go to an Amish owned Cheese Factory and stock up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:38 am:

Gary,Is Mary's the place on 91 just north of town with a Model A truck? Been to the Cheese Factory and Trufant day is about to start.Bud in Wheeler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:34 am:

Gary, does "all the fixin's" include stewed Rhubarb? Mmmmm, my grandmother made the best! Wish I had her recipe. . .
Back "in the day" Ms. Knott's Chicken Dinners included stewed Rhubarb doubt that's included now, been a long time since I was in S. Calif. My Uncle was a contemporary of the Knotts and one of my cousins worked at the kitchen creating jam & jelly recipes. And then there was Belisle's (spelling?)Country Cooking just south of Disney Land--oh boy, homemade cobblers & food the just didn't stop!
Is it obvious I haven't had breakfast yet???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

Kenneth, Not on M-91. It's on a dirt/gravel road either Fitzner or Vinning North off Kendalville Rd., I think. While she has a small store with bake goods there is also a large Amish style building with a kitchen and dining room on each of two floors. They do not have a phone. You have to call a neighbor who will make a connection. A car club member does all the arrangements. I can get more info if wanted. There is a hay ride scheduled after lunch if weather is good.

David, Maybe latter on in the year. A bit early for rhubarb yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 01:02 pm:

Gee I didn't mean to high-jack the thread when I brought up Amish eating establishments. I sorry I did because now I'm going to have to go to Mary Yoder's. There are several cheese factories and cheese houses around Middlefield, Ohio where Mary Yoder's is and I usually stop and get good cheese too. Thank heaven for the fat man steering wheel invention.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration