Sunday Morning coffee drive - any excuse would have done really ....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Sunday Morning coffee drive - any excuse would have done really ....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 06:12 am:

http://youtu.be/Yi1vBlU-DRE

What a great autumn morning, taste of a freshly brewed coffee down the road was a good enough excuse for a 2 hr round trip drive, probably could have done in half of that time !!!!!!

David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 06:29 am:

Nice one Dav!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 07:47 am:

Thanks Frank, it was a great relaxing mornings drive and coffee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 07:50 am:

Looks good David. Video like that is great for the promotion of the 2016 Tour. I hope you are able to take some more on the Anzac day run.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 08:20 am:

Great video!
Nice T roads and beautiful country.
Thanks for posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:11 am:

Enjoyed it very much. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:21 am:

David, as if I didn't already want to go on that tour. Funny the small apprehension that came over me while watching at the instinct against driving on the wrong side. Having done this in many different parts of the world, I know it only takes a moment and it stops bothering me. What a lovely drive. I bet the coffee was even good. Now all we need was a bit of toast with marmite and butter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:27 am:

LHD?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:32 am:

Warwick, good idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:45 am:

Can you update us on what areas the tour will cover?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:38 am:

Steve, I think they were talking about driving (Down Under) and they do drive on the wrong side of the road there.
I went on a job to Perth some years back and the though of driving on the other side of the road scared the heck out of me. I left the driving to others.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 11:45 am:

I enjoyed seeing the video. It certainly is flat there -- kinda' like Kansas, but with trees. :-) Your engine sounds great, David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Great video! Was that a road kill near the end of you drive? Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 01:30 pm:

David,
Thank you for posting your neat video. I was washing that we could have joined you with our 13 touring. Our 13 would need a little training as it is used to driving in the other lane.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

David Dare;

My work used to have me drive on a paved road leaving North out of Fort Bragg, California. The Road was left hand driving. After about 5 or 10 miles it went through a State Park that was called something like MaKerricher State Park. After clearing the park you still drove North through huge sand dunes. The road was used mainly by huge Log Trucks so you had to be super careful to stay on the left side of the road. After clearing the sand dunes the road turned East into the mountains.

I never did get used to driving on the left side of the road especially when meeting huge log trucks. The road was well maintained, with good pavement. The trucks were all, OVER SIZED and not allowed on the State Highways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 03:00 pm:

I wondered if the driver was on the left because the camera was on the left. Sometimes people shoot videos holding the camera while driving. Considering how steady the picture is here, I suspect it's a tripod with the camera on the left and the driver on the right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 03:03 pm:

maybe its just my eye's but aren't you driving on the wrong side of the road???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 03:15 pm:

Yes, but it's upside down so that makes it right or left???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

Holy cow, what a response, ok, where to start, Steve yes that's my 13 Touring LHD out of northern Minnesota.. it needed a full skeleton rebuild and yes its fun driving upside down..gotta watch the blood to the head..
Tyrone, NO WE ARE DRIVING ON THE CORRECT SIDE, YOU ARE DRIVING ON THE RIGHT SIDE...
OK lets get serious for a moment..
BOB, GARRY, ERICH,STEVE, WILLIE, MIKE, KEN, LES,TYRONE AND DAVE and anyone else out there on this forum ... WHAT IS STOPPING YOU FROM coming down for a lot of fun down under in two and a half years ??
My next video will incorporate many more aussie T's and some of the roads we will actually be travelling, but not near enough to give to much away.
STAY TUNED BOYS..

www.mtfvic2016.org.au

our rally website.

David.

PS - the coffee ended up being to cold after a big crown started looking, asking and photographing.. oh well the next coffee l'll drink first..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 05:58 pm:

Road kill, no! that's what l thought, just a bunch of rags, Tripod nope, a windshield suction mount with a little go-pro camera.
wow 197 people have watched that video now.
David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 03:01 am:

David, what's stopping me? I can't swim that far carrying my model T. Wife and I will look into it. I sure would like to drive, but wont be there with my car if I can get there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 04:58 am:

Erich, The 2016 Aussie Tour has the advantage of being only 30 miles away from my home. I will be hosting one of the day tours to my home town. We don't expect you to bring a car and it will be our pleasure to find you cars to ride in each day. If you are game you would be most welcome to borrow one of my cars for a day or so! I must say though, at Kanab, I felt much more comfortable being a passenger than driving on the right/wrong side of the road!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 08:15 am:

During late August and September this year, my wife is on T Tour with North American Touring T's in the Oregon area, if you are apart of this tour go up and ask her all about it, Rosemary ( Rose ), will be carrying entry forms and details on accommodation. Warwick is correct, we can find you rides for some/ most/ everyday and swap you around so everyone may get the opportunity to drive.
That's a coordination issue that can be dealt with.
Swimming here, that certainly is one option on getting here, just watch the sharks in the Pacific.... bitey, bitey.
We'd love to have you down for a good break..
David.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration