Pan-jig in NC and other questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Pan-jig in NC and other questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 01:19 pm:

Since I'm replacing my crankshaft gear and pulling the engine, I figure I should go ahead and do a few things while I'm in there.

Does anybody in North Carolina have a pan-straightening jig? I don't know that mine is bent but I figure go ahead and check it. I'm also going to get the crankshaft and transmission balanced as well as getting the transmission tail shaft aligned.

Anybody in NC or SC or VA do balancing? I'd like to go somewhere reasonably close instead of shipping all of this stuff off. Anyway, thanks for any info!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

On Seth's note, I would like to have a tracing from a pan jig to build my own. I will gladly pay for any ones time and trouble plus mailing fees of course. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Shinta on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 06:27 pm:

James Rodgers at DreamWorks is just outside of Ashville;

http://www.model-a-ford-4bangers.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

Hey Rick, thanks for the response. Lol they're in NC but about as far away as you can get and still be in the same state. I'm in Havelock which is about 30 minutes from the outer banks, basically the extreme eastern part of the state.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By J and M Machine Co Inc on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 08:38 am:

Seth: you're definitely doing it the hard way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 09:04 am:

What's the easy way then? Just ship it all to you guys? =P

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration