OT Any info on a Manzel Mechanical Oiler?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT Any info on a Manzel Mechanical Oiler?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 06:46 pm:

I bought an Manzel Brothers Mechanical Oilier Class CA? Serial # 9068J1L, Four Point Oiler at the Bakersfield Swap Meet, it was such a deal I couldn't pass it up. I can't find any information on it but that the Manzel Brothers Company started in 1898 in Buffalo NY. I was hoping to use it on my Ford Model N R S engine. Does anyone have any information on it's age and was it made for Automobiles?
Thanks Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

Mark,

Is this a similar model?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

I love the Manzel design.
It's probably the least complicated method of metered oil delivery.
Lubricators were used on anything that needed oil at frequent intervals including cars, tractors, steam engines and industrial machinery.
Manzels are also the easiest on which to work.......so lucky for you....... :-)
Here is an excellent pdf which clearly shows the workings of them >>> http://www.graco.com/content/dam/graco/led/literature/flyers/l51010/L51010EN-A.p df

They are nearly indestructible and usually free up nicely to go for another 100 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 08:19 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:52 pm:

It looks like my Oilier was made during the 19 Teens. Some time after the Ford Model N R S of 1906 to 1908 were produced. It turns over smoothly and the gears are fine. Does any one know what Oilier class CA means? I am guessing that the last three letters and number in the serial number would be the date code J1L? The picture is of my 1914 Runabout taken in July 1946.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 12:22 am:

Mark, someone in Oz is searching for a Manzel oiler on the HCCA site. Listed under Items Wanted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 05:47 pm:

I just noticed that the stand the Manzel Brothers Oilier is attached to has the date? 1910 on it. Would that be the date of the oilier also?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 06:10 pm:

Mark, are you sure that is not C161? From down here you have it up side down.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 06:35 pm:

I think you may be right Allan. I guess it is from Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 07:15 pm:

Allan, It just dawned on me why I could never read the License Plate after all of these years on my 14 T. Maybe I am lesdylexia You are Genius.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration