24 - 25 Coupe Body Serial Numbers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 24 - 25 Coupe Body Serial Numbers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 07:32 pm:

Every so often I post this in hopes that some new people will be reading the forum and I will gather some additional information. I've been researching the 1924 - 1925 Coupe bodies and have been collecting body serial numbers. I'm especially interested in cars which have their original engines as I'm trying to correlate the body numbers to a specific time period. I got another body serial number today from a car with it's original engine, and so far I have a fairly nice correlation appearing. But - I need more data before I can draw any conclusions.

So - if anyone has a 1924 or 1925 Coupe (or what some would call a late 1923 with the standard opening doors), can you take a look and see if there is a serial number on the body? If so, can you forward me the body serial number and the engine number? If you could also let me know if you know or think the engine is the original to the car, or if you know that the engine has been changed.

The body serial number may appear in one of several places.
1. Embossed on the metal floor board riser on the passenger's side. These are a series of digits followed by the letter 'B'
2. Stamped into the top of the main sill, just inside the passenger's door between the rocker and the floor board. These are usually a series of digits followed by the letter 'B'.
3. Stamped into the top of the main sill, just inside the driver's door between the rocker and the floor board. These are usually a series of digits, and then a sequence of letters. The letters usually indicate the branch plant it was assembled at.

Thanks to everyone who has provided me information in the past.

Thanks,
Dave S.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Brevit on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 05:41 pm:

Hi Dave, Have a 25 coupe with body number 388651B, does not have a 25 engine (23)has metal doors with lock/latch stamped patent applied for along with door handle shaft, number is on floor riser, letter B stamped inside door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sosnoski on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 08:04 am:

Dean,

Thanks for the info. Can you send me a photo of the B on the inside of the door?

Dave S.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration