OT- One of the funniest Craigslist ads ever!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT- One of the funniest Craigslist ads ever!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 08:46 pm:

I really got a kick out of this one. I hope you will too.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/clt/4391798885.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

Strangely, I am attracted to thatů. what is it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

It's a jack

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

I think it's a foot release locking device for a low stand hand throw switch. Or, possibly part of a manually operated interlocking device where two railroads cross. To be honest, I really don't know either, but that's my best guess,.....which I really wouldn't bet much on!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. J. "Art" Bell on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

Looks like a hitch for a tug (we called them 'mules') to pull baggage carts around the train station.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:04 pm:

I don't know what it is but it does not look like a jack. Maybe some kind of a catch/latch/release thingy??

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 10:48 pm:

Harold, you're right on the money with the foot latch for a low switch stand. Used them thousands of times throughout my career.....
Floyd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Who cares what it is? "it will last a lifetime or two" and he's open to trading for an egg incubator or whatever you think he needs.

I liked the way he worded the ad so much that I almost called just to BS with him.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration