1926 Rear Parking Brake

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926 Rear Parking Brake
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Rady on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 10:52 am:

Hi

I have just finished rebuilding my Model T rear end. During the rebuild I took advantage of the fact that I had everything apart and replaced the bushings on the parking brake camshafts. One problem that I am having is that I didn't take a picture before I disassembled the pieces and now I can't remember what direction the lever goes on the camshaft. Does the lever arm point up or down?

Thanks

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 11:11 am:

Hey Bill, lever arm points up. Make sure before you install anything that you have the left and right sides correct, because the camshafts are drilled differently. When you go to install the lever arm it should be up and tilted towards the rear of the car when the cam is flat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

Also, the point on the cams go towards the front of the car.

Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

Before you button everything up, take a look at your brake cams to see if they are two-piece repro ones like the ones in this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/434538.html?1396708688

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 07:26 am:

Here are 3 of my "before" photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Rady on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 10:25 am:

Thank you for all the input.

Appreciated.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William B. Rady on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 06:27 pm:

Hi

Another question. Does the parking brake camshaft use a grease cup or an oiler?

Regards

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

It has an oiler.

Stephen

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration