Hose for tire pump

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Hose for tire pump
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:25 am:

I am restoring a late T steel tire pump with cast Ford script base. What is available for correct hose? What have you used that worked, even if not same as original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Richard Bennett on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 05:22 am:

Erich, I have use red rubber hose like they use in oxy-acetylene welding gear. Some is plain, some ribbed. Either looks OK.

Hope this helps.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:51 am:

Eric I used vacuum hose and covered it with asphalt wire loom before I swedged the ends
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/270719626038?lpid=82

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:34 am:

There is a small company that makes very high quality model A ford reproduction parts. I am having trouble remembering their name, but they do have about a 6 page sales pamphlet . Anyway, they offer the correct black rubber hose with the cloth wrapping and seam, and also clamps in cadmium plate or bare steel. Very reasonable , and perfect duplicates of the original. They also offer the wiper arm and blades for the original vacuum wiper. Possibly a couple more items that can be use on T's. I will search for the name , but hopefully someone else is aware of them. They don't do internet, that I know of. Really good people.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 02:38 pm:

Langs sells a black hose, and fittings, works fine for me.

http://www.modeltford.com/pl.aspx?t=s&v=tire%20pump%20hose&page=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 03:13 pm:

A&L parts specialties 195 main st canton, ct. 860.233.3557 The hose is black neoprene with a cloth wrapped imprint , looks identical to an original hose. They have hose $3.95 , clamps $1.95 Chuck, $7.95 If you are picky, it is well worth the effort. I found a catalog online.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 04:08 pm:

A & L Specialties Website catalog

http://www.scvcma.org/documents/bulletins/AandL-catalog-2012.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 04:13 pm:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I knew I could get it from Langs but wondered what other options people had found. Also wondering what the original tube was and is there any source for the identical item? Was there some variation regarding the clamps? Was there more than one supplier of tire pumps near the end of T time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 04:17 pm:

It's also available from most older VW (Bug) and BMW parts suppliers. Look for vacuum hose. It's cloth covered rubber.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 06:33 pm:

I have a bunch of tire pumps and several have the original dried up old cloth covered hose and clamps on them. I can send someone a picture. email me at tmorsher@icloud.com if interested in posting it for this discussion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 12:11 am:

I have a great VW specialty shop here in town. I will ask them what they have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 09:53 am:

I have a real nice hose I got somewhere that looks like an original pump hose, but it just flops around. I think the originals were a little stiffer? Maybe I should try A&L?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 12:26 pm:

The original hose on the pump was very stiff but that may just be age. Sure would be easier to use if it were more floppy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 01:07 pm:

that's what 100 years does to cloth wrapped rubber. they were probably pretty flexible when new. my originals are as hard as a rock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 02:50 pm:

There are some new pills on the market that claim to stiffen your hose...

Sorry couldn't help it..

I have a brass two stage pump and need new rubber packings. I'll check A & L to see what they have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 02:58 pm:

I was waiting for a stiff hose comment, ha.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration