Speedster body like mine in Harold Lloyd movie, what movie ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Speedster body like mine in Harold Lloyd movie, what movie ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:47 am:

I found these pics of a old speedster that looks like my speedster body. They are from a earlier thread I stumbled on while looking up faultless bodies on Yahoo. The post just said "from a old Harold Lloyd movie". Does anyone know what movie it was from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:48 am:

Hard to say....

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:50 am:

bodies bodies 2bodies 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:58 am:

This is my speedster body ...my speedster body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:11 am:

Hey Donnie check out my profile pic, I have the same thing as well. I've been told by more than one person that it was one of the bodies that Ames produced, so take that for what it's worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:14 am:

Another photo of the speedster:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/358179.html?1367011397

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:26 am:

Eric It says the movie may be "Grandmas Boy" ??? in the link you posted. Seth, do you have a side view pic of your car. I have been leaning toward a Faultless body. They seem to have made a lot of bodies that were sold by other "dealers". I have stumbled upon several different companies selling a body similar to mine but under there name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:31 am:

Here are a couple ads that were sent to me showing a Faultless body. They are very similar to my body. Fautless adFautless style body

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:34 am:

movie pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:55 am:

I don't believe it's from the movie "Grandma's Boy." (It's on YouTube if you want to view it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9EtmLcg3Mc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:18 am:

Side view of my speedster. Maybe slightly different lines, very similar though. Yours is more angled like the car from your movie whereas mine is kinda curvy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:57 am:

Seth: Yours looks very similar to the Faultless bodies in the ads. The "Hoosier" and the "World Bucket Seat Racer" are the same car photo or drawing. The main difference I see between them and my body is the door opening. Mine is longer with a somewhat "flat" spot in the opening. The Faultless bodies have no "flat" spot. The opening is a continous curve on the Faultless bodies and also looks like your door opening. The "movie car" has a flat spot in the door opening like mine. We may never know who made our bodies. I think that the companies that made bodies, made them different everyday. Different workers probably had different ways of doing their job. May have been special orders for longer bodies, for long legged folks, or a company ordering several bodies to sell in their catalogs may have wanted special features. But its fun to keep looking ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Gee, Donnie -- Maybe you bought a movie star! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

Mike: I did !! Boy what a find I made. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" I can list it on e-bay now and get thousands upon thousands of dollars for it...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

Donnie

Here are some more, similar to the Lloyd speedster and yours.

Above similar but with fenders

Sportster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:15 pm:

Dan: Nice pics. The ad for the "bucket seat racer" you sent me earlier was the closest body to mine I had seen, till I saw the "Lloyd" car. If you notice on the Lloyd car the height of the rear deck is aprox the same height of the door opening area. On my car there is a series of holes on the rear body/seat panel at that height. You can see them in the photo of my body. They could have been for attaching a rear deck like on the Lloyd car.??? The door opening area having a flat area is also a feature of the Lloyd car and also the "Sportster" and "International" bodies you show above. Can you send me a full size pic of just the "Sportster" body. I would like to see the details of the top and windshield a little better. Thanks .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lang on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 10:16 pm:

Check out this ad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350744557454?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m143 9.l2649

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:43 am:

Don: Thanks for the link. The Empire is real close, but it has doors. The "regular" looks almost like mine also. Every little town must have had a "mom and pop" shop that made bodies for the T. There are hundreds of them........

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 07:10 pm:

your body looks just like mine

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration