Ford 1917 coupelette for $42K?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ford 1917 coupelette for $42K?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine in Melbourne, Australia on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:15 am:

with "removable door posts". Interesting; I've not come across this body style before but $42K? Price perhaps aimed at serious T collector who will pay top $ to complete collection?

see:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/ford/unspecified/1631149.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:39 am:

Constantine, this is a rare care many experts said Ford didn't make a 17, this is a beautiful car and in excellent condition, the people who own this have spent a lot of time and money restoring it, so i guess the price is what it's worth and what somebody is willing to pay and how bad someone wants it. I think there are three of these known.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:42 am:

A nice example. There are far more than 5 known existing, perhaps a hundred or two. Probably worth at least $30,000, or more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

Darel,
Beg to differ
Tell us about a 6th one!
This is the one with the Padded Rounded Top
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:16 pm:

That car has been discussed before:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/407453.html?1387105052

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 04:01 pm:

Thanks. Okay, I understand the price now.

They have it advertised in the right place. A museum, serious collector or someone wealthy is a likely buyer for this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

Eric -- Thanks for posting the link to that previous thread about this car. There's a lot of good information there. It is a rare bird indeed! I haven't seen the car in person, but I'd take Rick's word that it is nice.

I hope Dave gets his asking price for the car. With only five known to have survived, he should. It's just too bad I'm not rich, instead of so good-looking! :-) I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration