On Jack Stands...then hopefully the Road for the summer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: On Jack Stands...then hopefully the Road for the summer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 07:36 pm:

Just finished the spindles, bushings, etc... on the front end. After driving a few miles noticed the rivets on the rear wheels became loose. Back up on jack stands then hopefully the open road. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 07:43 pm:

It never ends....just part of the fun of the hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

A very original looking '16. Very nice car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Wolf on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 09:18 pm:

Other than the mechanics, I would never mess with that car. Beautiful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

Yep. That car has "the look".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 11:12 pm:

Very nice looking car, indeed. They don't come much more original than that.

Yeah, definitely looking forward to summer. But today on Long Island, we had more snow and ice. Had to chip the modern car out. Very stubborn winter this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tillie the 15 on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 11:19 pm:

rumor about town is it has 1915 rear wheels on the back now? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 02:01 am:

Oh yeah! Now that one I like! Headlamp lenses need to be clear however.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 09:18 am:

That I like, just like mine. Too be used. No need
for "do not touch signs". I am not against anyone
with the beautiful paint, but life is comming at me
fast and my ole man always said "soap and water can
wash anything except a dirty mouth" true so I drive
it in the snow, get a couple bales of hay in the
back seat. Oh well just dreaming again, the thought of taking those curtains off maybe someday..huh
Bob Coiro?? I got caught with no ice scraper again too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 09:32 am:

Love the look and patina on the car- the quintessential Tin Lizzy! Thanks for protecting and taking car of her for the hobby!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 01:49 pm:

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. I was very lucky when a friend of mine let me know about this incredible car. To the best of my knowledge she was purchased new by a family in northern NY, driven for a few decades, then parked in a barn from 1940 till 1999 when she was purchased by the gentleman I bought her from. He replaced the bands in the transmission, cleaned up a few valves and perhaps some other due diligence... but that was it. I am very happy to keep her as is!

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 02:02 pm:

I like it :-)
You may want to split the rear end too while you fix up the rear wheels - the lead babbitt thrust washers in the rear end has a habit to crack with age. Replacement bronze washers are available from the vendors. You may loose the trans brake if the babbitt washers cracks while driving.
The club's manual is a good help:
http://modeltstore.myshopify.com/products/service-manuals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

You may have already seen it, but this is what Roger is talking about:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG79.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 04:48 pm:

If you folks will indulge me, I would love to share some more pictures. The first couple are before and after. I do love this car and have benefited greatly from comments and advice on this forum. Roger, Checking the thrust washers is definitely the next thing on the to do list. I plan on taking and posting pictures of the engine compartment as soon as I can back her out of the garage into more natural light.

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 04:50 pm:

This one had to be resized.

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 10:17 pm:

What happened to the spare tire carrier? That's a nifty accessory.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Patrick Mulrooney, Webster, NY on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:44 am:

Mike, I removed it "temporarily" to cleanup a bit. It is going back on soon, old tires and all. LOL makes for a great conversation piece.

Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:33 am:

I love the "experienced" spare tires! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration