OT - Aa-ooga Horns

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT - Aa-ooga Horns
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 08:48 am:

Spartan Mfg was one of the companies making these horns back in the day. They started out in the radio business & expanded into horns. The horn plant was moved to southern Illinois where it finally went out of business about 15 years ago. I worked there in the 70's.

One of my good engineering friends who also worked there collected a lot of parts from the closing & does some repair work on horns as a hobby business. He is starting a small museum for Spartan horns, but he doesn't have an example of the style used on the model A's. Would anyone have a decent looking horn to sell or donate? It doesn't have to run (he can do the repair work), but he would like to find one that has decent sheetmetal & isn't all beat up. Just let me know thru a PM or at miso7@wabash.net
thanks,
Mike Sa

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration