MTFCI Forum "Where's The Beef"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: MTFCI Forum "Where's The Beef"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:18 am:

Well still no photos to be found that have been posted on the MTFCI forum. I have spent hundreds of hours loading photos to the site so there would be some daily content and I hope they have not been lost in the recent web hosting move. It would be nice hearing from someone at the MTFCI what the ^#**&#^$%@ problem is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Agreed. There's no shame in a volunteer who isn't a computer whiz having difficulty making things work. I find myself in that boat often enough. But whoever it is needs to let folks know he's aware of the problem and trying to fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:04 pm:

I sent an email inquiry. James says he will be putting up a message shortly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:35 pm:

I've never been able to get on the forum there or read the ads on a regular basis. I hope they get it fixed. I gave up on it a couple years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 03:40 pm:

There's nothing wrong with the MTFCI forum. You're all just a bunch of old duffers who can't stand change!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 04:27 pm:

There is no MTFCI forum. It does not exist. Just a big old 403 error message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 04:33 pm:

Danial, I have half a dozen working web sites, hosted by two different companies, have at last count 14 domain names, Charter DSL - which is the fastest and best service available here - and I can't get on their site. I do ALL of my web site design, development and updating myself. At 71, I consider myself old but not an old duffer. After a couple years of error messages and "you do not have permission to access this site" from MTFCI I decided they didn't want me to be reading their forum or anything else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 04:38 pm:

I fully concur, Stan. My post was only in jest - a light, good-natured poke at those guys that tell us that we don't like the site because we are afraid of change or too old to change. A line I have heard often on here during the course of this ongoing debate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 04:55 pm:

You let in one,young whipper- snapper and the whole place goes to heck! (G)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 05:13 pm:

I just went on there, everything works as it should, pictures included. I got tired of having issues with my windows pc and bought an iMac, never had any issues, including viruses, ever again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 06:23 pm:

Stan & Danial,

I gave up on the "other club" site when they made a mell of a hess of it a year ago. Even before that I couldn't open and read most of the sections including the technical articles. Even though I have belonged for several decades, if it wasn't for the magazine, I'd drop my membership. Too bad it went the way it has.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Aber on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 06:28 pm:

For what it is worth, I was just over there and there are plenty of posts and a lot of pictures. Haven't tried to post myself, but people are...
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 07:05 pm:

Hey Jay, I just went there and you have pages of photos up to view, they look great so I think you have a problem and not them.. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 07:17 pm:

This site is all the Model T Forum I need. Thanks for keeping it going, Chris!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 09:54 pm:

I just took another look. As of 8:49PM CDT the picture I posted as a test about forty minutes ago is still there. But Jay's old pictures are still missing (for me), even when I hit the refresh button. They still have some work to do. The pictures should show up for everybody, not just some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 03:03 am:

I went in from the link on this site with no trouble and there was heaps of photos. Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 08:54 am:

The real problem is trying to find a volunteer to work 12 hours a day to do a job that normally will pay $100,000 a year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 09:15 am:

I just went there and it seems to work fine from an iPad. However, as Mike W. said, this ones enough (sometimes too much :-)) for me.

Thanks for your work Chris.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 09:39 am:

You mean there is another site related to Model T's besides this 1? :>0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Green on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:15 am:

Hi Mack, in real terms there are at least four others on the net and on face book that seem to attract many of your countrymen to use instead of here, there are a few that really dont work real good but people still look at them... Ray

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:37 am:

Richard Goldman started a Model T Facebook page that gets a lot of folks who just got their first T or want to, along with some old timers. There are also quite a few international posts. It's interesting to see the T's in Argentina, Paraguay, Mexico, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 11:47 am:

Jay, I just made a post on the other forum including a picture. I looked at some of your pictures and I guess they are all there. There are a lot. The problem may be on your end???
I posted this picture below on the other forum just to see it was still working, sure looks like it is. "Probably just dust and crap from a lack of use" It seems to work for me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:21 pm:

As some people are seeing the previously posted pictures and others are not, it occurred to me that it might be due to a difference among browsers. Using Jay's old photos as a test, I tried four browsers. With Firefox and Internet Explorer, no pictures showed up. With Safari and Netscape they appeared. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some folks using IE could see the pictures and some couldn't, depending on which version they're using. I see this as a problem with the site. Properly set, it should work for all browsers.

Here's the link I used for my test:

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/130-Model-T-Era-Original-Period-Pho tos/page18

You can try it with different browsers and see what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:39 pm:

Thanks Steve. It works for me on both Safari and iCab Mobile (what I post to this forum with from iPhone and iPad).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 01:05 pm:

Yes,Jim,But it would work SO much better WITH the evangelical touch! - John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 04:25 pm:

That link works fine for me using Win 7 with Chrome for a browser.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration