1915 Door latch grommet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1915 Door latch grommet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jerry alanko on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:27 pm:

Does anyone know of a source for the door latch handle grommet which attaches to the upholstery panel? Either a source of a photo would be helpful. Thanks jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 01:43 pm:

If this item isn't carried by Lang's, Snyders or Mac's, you might give these guys a try:

http://restorationstuff.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 11:37 pm:

One of you folks with a survivor--I'd like to see a close up pic of an original car door panel where the latch exits. All I've ever seen is just a hole.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 06:34 am:

There was no grommet originally like Mike says. The picture here shows an accessory that allows the side curtain to open with the door. Normally there would be two upholstery tacks holding the corner of the door material.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 07:05 am:

Thanks Royce. When I started tearing my 15 apart for restoration the panels were gone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:31 am:

Should the upholstery panels for 1915 be "vinyl" covered or just the hardboard material?

If covered, when did Ford stop using the cover and just go with the hardboard material?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:39 am:

This is what the door latches look like on my 1915 Touring:

FRONT DOOR

REAR DOOR, PASSENGER SIDE

A little background:
My car has engine number 767495 (original engine) and was built around April/May. Don't know which factory or anything else about its history other than the previous owner having bought it at an estate auction around 2008. About two years later, he sold it to me and said that the last restoration had been done about ten years prior (1998).

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration