In Need of Two 21" Split Rims

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: In Need of Two 21" Split Rims
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Kelsey on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 03:51 pm:

I am in need of two 21" split rims for wood wheels that go on a 1927 Tudor, preferably Canadian (Canadian rims have a hole on either side of the split). The one that is on the spare is totally unuable and needs to be replaced; the one on the front, driver's side is warped enough that it causes the car to hunt all over the road when going over 35 mph. I could exchange the bad front one with one in the rear, but it really needs to be replaced. Does anyone have any good rims they would like to sell? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 10:31 pm:

If you can't locate any good used rims, these seem to work well http://www.americanvintagerims.com/ I picked up 2 for my car and I'm happy with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:15 am:

Jim,
I have a friend in Fallbrook, Ca. that had a set of split rim model T wheels with loose spokes that came off a 1925 touring. I know the rear hubs were the large brake drum style. If he still has them.....the price would be approx. $100.00. He sold his model T and had asked me to take them to a swap approx.6 months ago. I can check on the size.....but not sure where to measure from.
If they are what you are looking for....how are you going to handle transportation? Fallbrook is located 60 miles north of San Diego.

You can contact me off line if interested.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration