Out put Shaft of a Warford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Out put Shaft of a Warford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:09 am:

Any one have any photos of the short shaft out of the Warford ? Mine a bit funky, and need to see what the steel cast case and or the alloy case Warford has in means of a Drive shaft. If anyone used another type of Universal joint mine is stock but, hangs out and loose like it could use a support bearing. It's ok but it's not right to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 07:42 am:

Steve can you take a picture of what you have and post it here?

When you have a Warford the back side of it is essentially just like the stock Ford transmission, you use the same driveshaft and torque tube. The ball at the front of the torque tube houses the u-joint and fits up into the back of the Warford the same way it would the Ford transmission if you didn't have a Warford.

The picture below is essentially what yours should look like with the driveshaft and torque tube hooked up to the Warford. The only difference being that this one has a special crossmember supporting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:56 am:

Steve,
What are you talking about??? And your other post too. Some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Steve
There is a difference in length of the Two and three speed warford tranies, Two speed is 1"shorted than the three speed. From memory (very foggy) three speed 11" and the two speed is 10"
Driveshaft shaft will very also. might have a wrong drive shaft

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 11:57 am:

Hey Bob, only cause I had mine done recently, the drive shaft and torque is shortened 12" for the 3 speed Warford, I don't know about the 2 speed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Seath
It may be 12" and 11", I know that when I received my 4x4 assembly they made the shaft for a 3 speed and I was using a 2 speed they had to make a 1" spacer two make it fit. I'm unable to measure the steel case two speed at present, but the alum. case three speed is 12''. Thanks for the correction, I did say that memory is foggy(HA HA) old age?

Bob

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration