Model T work temporarily stopped

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Model T work temporarily stopped
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 09:44 am:

I had a total Hip replacement done Monday, home from hospital yesterday afternoon. Some pain from surgery, temporary discomfort, permanent improvement
Worst is I can't work on the "T" for about 6 weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:02 am:

You can use the time for Model T books and videos. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:06 am:

6 weeks is about right and I was back at work after 8 after a total replacement. Mine was done a year ago last May. Since, I have heard, they have a new technique where they don't cut muscles and tendons, leading to a faster recovery. Just work it every day and you'll do well :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 11:48 am:

I feel for you, William. Hang in there and get well soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

William,

Having had both, I think the hip is a quicker recovery than knees (although I did both knees, so maybe that's not a good indicator). The rehab for knees was much more intense for me, whereas the hip seemed to go quicker and with less pain.

Good luck. The books and video idea from Steve sounds like a good idea,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

Thanks for the encouragement, I do plan to use the
time for books and videos as I am a complete novice and learning as I go along. Not sure if I have the new technique surgery, I would guess not as progress is slow in rural Northern New York.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 05:30 pm:

I have a remote control helicopter / airplane simulator.

They should make a Model T simulator! lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 09:09 pm:

I like the idea of the Model T simulator, so who is going to build one. The hard part will be putting in all the rattles and oil leaks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Conklin on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 10:25 am:

I made a very simple one for a presentation using a hogs head, steering column, firewall, chair and a lot of imagination. A few people went for a "ride", every one appeared to have a good time and it sure generated questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Therapy is key to my recoveries. Hopefully a cute young interested therapist

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:41 am:

I had a total hip replacement last July. It was done on a Tuesday and I was back at my store and shop working on Saturday. Walked with out a walker by the next Tuesday and with out a cane in three weeks. It can be done. I do use a cane some because of my left knee. It will be done next fall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Goodheart on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 12:47 pm:

Thanks for all the encouragement. My surgery was on 4/14, came home on 4/17. Started PT on 4/21. Still using the walker but am about ready to move on to the cane. Have used the cane a little but not exclusively. Went back to Dr on 4/24, incision healed no dressing needed. Next Dr appointment on 6/10, he won't release me to be able to drive or work until that visit. At 73 I am fully retired, only work I do is on the "T". Or yard work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 01:02 am:

Why would they make a remote controlled helicopter/ airplane simulator? i thought the idea of remote controlled scale models was to simulate the full size thing already?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration