Warford u joint pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Warford u joint pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:22 pm:

Strange this post will not stick, and is erased everything! Anyone have pictures or ideas of the Warford short driveline for a TT mine is not right but it works ok any other late model joints I can weld into place , make a new driveline etc thnx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:37 pm:

Steve, if I'm not mistaken, Muncie transmissions used a special shortened U joint, but Warfords used a stock U joint,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Friday, April 18, 2014 - 10:59 pm:

Steve, the Warford does not use a special u-joint like the Muncie. Do you have an iron or aluminum Warford? Either way, I can help you, just need a little more info. The iron Warford shaft must be shortened 15.75", the aluminum 12". I can make it happen for you. Will I see you on the Mother Lode shakedown? Call me.
Erik Barrett 530 863 7579

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 10:44 am:

Yes at shakedown Erric, I have the Iron box . I'm going to replace the old u joint today with a new one for the tour, but wil need to make a better output shaft. It has a short shaft and
it s wobbly. I still think I can make a nice shaft with late model off road stuff . My back of the iron housing looks like it broke off years ago that the shaft cone support goes . I'll get a picture for you So you don't have to crawl under it at the Event

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Wobbly shaft? While you have it apart check the drive shaft bushing.

There is a picture in this post, not a TT but may help.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/91052.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 12:29 pm:

Steve,
Please check my posting on your classified thread. There is more going on here than just a u joint problem.
Erik

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration