They don't come restored much nicer than this.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: They don't come restored much nicer than this.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:34 am:

Somebody did a really, REALLY nice job restoring this car. Not a dent or ripple anywhere on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111326775571#ht_48718wt_998

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:42 am:

Good pictures too. The only negative would be the dried polish around the rivet heads :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:44 am:

That is nice. Ready to enjoy immediately.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 10:23 am:

"All correct" with a starter and 12V system?

No thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 11:48 am:

Really nice. The starter and battery are a handy thing to have if you ever stall in the middle of an intersection.

Only obvious incorrect part I see is the 1919 or later coil box with a proper looking 1915 - 16 lid. The car has a very expensive paint job and nice upholstery and top, You would be hard pressed to restore one this nice for less than $20,000 in labor if someone gave you a complete running 1916 to start with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:01 pm:

Too bad it has brass step plates on it. Also the headlight plugs should be the angle type. Nice car though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

If you went by the Sept 1921 parts catalog, even my 21 should have the angled plugs! :-) That is a very nice 16.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 12:17 pm:

And the poor guy just bought it and already has to sell it because he's got too much! That's the saddest thing I think I've ever heard. But I guess if he's able to sell this, he'll have enough money to buy something else he might not need. Boy life can really be rough for some of us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

"All correct" with a starter and 12V system?

No thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

Nobody's mentioned the wrong headlight rims. I'm not a fan of the "improvements", but it's still a nice car. If somebody wanted to give it to me, I wouldn't turn it down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Danial - Veneta OR US Earth Solar System on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 03:23 pm:

A beautiful car notwithstanding the "improvements" but too shiny for a guy like me without a real garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

I bought my '30 Model A from this guy, he's from New York State, can't remember the town. Seems like an upstanding guy, have had lots of enjoyment out of the "A" after a few minor adjustments, the worst being a new radiator, but that seems to go part and parcel with any car over 70 years old as far as I'm concerned. Spoiler alert, he's looking to get around $22K for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 07:24 pm:

And as a comparison of car/price, here's my '15 that I paid $20K and just had the engine rebuilt!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration