I wonder if these plugs are comparable to Champion X plugs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: I wonder if these plugs are comparable to Champion X plugs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 06:04 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-Spark-Plug-Set-/261457653656?pt=Vintage_Car _Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce0172f98&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

Will work, however outer electrode is not the same and is more prone to fouling. Have you ever wondered why the champion plug has the outer electrode bent up into the plug? Lets the oil drip back into the cylinder to help prevent fouling. I have taken a dremel and reworked the outer electrode and bent it upward, helps. Now I just find old champion X's and rework 'em. That will probably out last you. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:25 am:

Listing was updated to address this concern.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:23 am:

Cool plugs. I've seen many, but never any like those. So pretty they must work well. Most T engines today probably don't pump enough oil into the cylinders to worry about electrode drippage abilities.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:35 am:

Here's what I am running on my car. Same style plugplug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:31 am:

Wonder what was the function, perceived or otherwise, of the structure at the top?

James, how do they run for you?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eyssen - Abilene TX on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

Is there a built-in gap inside the little hole on top----to allow spark jump before it gets to electrodes on the bottom?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:33 pm:

On a high performance engine they might work. Those are not cool plugs, they are ice-cold plugs. Look where the insulator ends on the center electrode.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:46 pm:

I can't really give any insights into performance- when I bought the car these came with it. The previous owner said the car ran fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:10 pm:

Anyone seen these cheap plugs on Ebay? Claim to be NOS, and maybe if you have a project these could work for you? I have no connection to the sale stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spark-Plug-Champion-25-Model-T-Ford-Hit-Miss-1-2-pipe-Re places-X-/301144445704?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item461d9b930 8&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Trenton, New Jersey on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:28 pm:

Just found them on Amazon for $16.00 each,
http://www.amazon.com/Champion-Vintage-Spark-Plug-Part/dp/B002Q6YQQK/ref=sr_1_1? ie=UTF8&qid=1398014863&sr=8-1&keywords=champion+525+25+spark+plug

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:34 pm:

I know a lot of plugs were made back in the T era that were 1/2 in pipe thread, were not all made for the model T. Seems any company who made sparkplugs did make some for Lizzy though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:38 pm:

At least in my cars...nothing seems to work as good as Champion X's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 05:06 pm:

Amazon is not good for the champion 25s They are $11.50 from Langs and the shipping is less than $8.92

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 05:10 pm:

Also, lets not forget that the Champion 25 is not at all the same as a champion X, new or used.

Although there are some old 25s that were a take apart plug that I like better than the current problem prone 25s with the top screw that breaks off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 05:16 pm:

Link to my page of T era plug info.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bruckzone/sets/72157638653764616/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

I have the best spark plug insurance money can buy: an extra set of real NOS X's on the shelf.
These look like good plugs.......especially at that price.
Seems the new X plugs aren't as good as the old ones.
I don't think ANYONE is manufacturing plugs like the old ones were...... :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:38 am:

Sounds like you want to buy them. Have at it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:00 pm:

Erich,
WOW!
Nice spark plug collection.
Thanks for sharing!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:18 pm:

They are not all mine. Some are images I collected from many sources, even from folks here who photograph plugs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration