Oil lamp wireless turn signals

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Oil lamp wireless turn signals
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 06:55 pm:

Would there be any interest in this type of product?
Check it out at:
http://youtu.be/j7IH4ez8KZ8
No alterations required to lamp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

Depending on the cost I would say yes. Some of course would purchase it cost be damned.

I have seen something along those line that they want $150 for but that is for a rear turn signal kit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Grabowski on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

Depending on the demand the cost would be $200 to $250 for 4 including batteries and charger. Still working out the details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

Quite an annoying video. Wasn't there a post on the mag interfering with another wireless turn signal system?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:16 pm:

I have the wireless rear signals on my 24, running on mag and i have not had any problems at all, it might make a difference where the switch is located.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Mettling on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:42 am:

I had a lot of interference on mine. I don't know if it was electrical interference or just the fact that the location of the lights and actuator button were a bit too far away. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't or they didn't turn off after pressing the button. I didn't trust it so I took it off.

BTW, that was the same place I mounted mine. If anyone wants to try it on their car I'll sell it cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 09:22 am:

Hey Brian, sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:45 am:

Rick,
I notice that you have Sure-Stops on that T. Can you give me any tips about installing them. I am in the middle of installation on my '14 runabout and I could use any helpful information.
Thanks,
Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:54 am:

Jon, no tips, just follow the instructions as they are well written and have pictures, the only thing i had a problem with was spacing the rotor between the calipers, but they come with shims,be sure the brake drum fits correctly, if you are using the new small drum you shouldn't have a problem,the modified large drum like on my Fordor have a slight taper so the lined brake shoes need to be worked on, another item i would recommend is the flex line offered by TTP, this allows the caliper to be dropped without bending or removing the caliper and go through the bleeding process, this is necessary to remove the back wheels. The bleeding process takes some time so have a helper, follow the instructions and all will be well. my wife wouldn't ride in this car until i put these brakes on.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration