First drive of the year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: First drive of the year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 10:32 pm:

Well after a long winter I drove the Roadster for the first time this year. I had replaced the fuel system with original parts and after cranking her for a while I could tell she wanted to start. Finally caught and after I switched to magneto the Vaporizer settled into a nice slow smooth idle. It was great to be behind the wheel again...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:37 am:

Aint it though, Randy?!? Like dying and going to heaven! We've sure endured a rotten winter in this neck of the woods, especially you folks up and down the east coast. I was a little more fortunate in being able to get my first ride, albeit only half an hour, on a rare "mild" day in March. Been getting several rides in now that it's getting a bit better out. Enjoy the ride! And more to come.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By joe bell on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

Randy, I like getting the T out for the first time on Easter Sunday, go to church then the big family get together for the Bell side of family. There is a lot of old cars in the family and a few muscle cars so they will all be out today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:51 pm:

Hi Joe,

This is the Roadster you worked on a while ago for Tim Morsher. It sure is a nice ride, starts right up and it's such an original car.

Randy Glowacki, Parsippany, NJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Bishop, San Diego on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:41 pm:

Hey Randy,
That's the trouble with living on the east coast :-)
Out here in San Diego, I've already had plenty of time to drive my car, break things, and look forward to spending the next couple of months doing repairs. . . . .all the while you're enjoying driving yours!
Works both ways. Have fun enjoying your car!

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:54 pm:

We sure miss the old girl. She has a great home now, though ! Joe Bell takes care of a lot of folks in these parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 05:39 pm:

Hey, Bob!
Come on up here to Green Bay! (Still had a remaining patch - about 5'X10' - of snow on the north side of the house.) We've got a family member in San Diego... We say "Suffer!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration