Old car body for sale on ebay, but for what car?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old car body for sale on ebay, but for what car?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ake Osterdahl on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 02:09 am:

Would be interesting if anyone knows anything about this beautiful body.Se on ebay;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-EARLY-ALL-WOODEN-CAR-BODY-MODEL-T-/191142657329?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c80fd7d31&vxp=mtr

Regards Ake

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 03:13 am:

It is a rearend of a Touring that have been converted to a pickup after it have served the family. Now it serves the farm :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 01:57 pm:

I am fairly sure that it is not from a model T Ford, however. The molding for over the rear fender is curved down as it goes back. A Ford Touring should go straight back. Also, in one photo, I can see that the bottom of the body sills rises up for over the rear end. It is for a frame that is not totally flat, like is a model T. I cannot put it into words, but somehow, the rear seat riser doesn't quite look Ford either.
Now that I have said all that. If it were only a few hundred miles from me? And if it did not get too high in price? I would love to get it and use it. On a Model T. If the size is close to right (can't tell from photos without really good size references), just a few simple trimming adjustments and it would work well for a T. One could say that it could fit a T to a "T". And I have a chassis it would look good on.
Then again, it would be even better if someone with the right chassis got it. There are at least a dozen possibilities. I don't see any detail that tells me anything specific.
Drive carefully, and have a Happy Easter! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 03:28 pm:

Just throwing a guess out there, but looks like and/or similar to 1912 Buick model 35 or 43?. The rear bottom of the door (cut out for fender) and belt line up the rear seat look similar. Buicks for 1912 still have wood bodies.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration