1915 Wiring Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1915 Wiring Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Memmelaar Jr on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 07:07 pm:

I am wiring up a 1915 , and I got the usual things wired up like the coil box and timer. BUt I have some extras. wires the schematic I have is a bit grainy and I Cannot read it well enough to finish the job.

Here is where I am at. this is the Coil box end

and this is the timer end

if you can just give me color code and destination it would be appreciated.

thanks

John and Olivia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 07:18 pm:

Looks like a later loom, yellow/black tracer is a generator wire, the other 2 are head lights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 07:22 pm:

John, I agree with Kerry. You got the wrong loom, basically. They sell looms specific to non-starter cars, with only the wires to the coil box contacts, plugs, and timer. They're super easy to install.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

I'm not a real '15 authority, but to me, the only thing that would change over a '14 is the headlight switch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:00 pm:

Yes, you have the wrong wiring harness. For 1915 you should have this:

I use red for the wire from the magneto post, and black for the wire from the battery in the trunk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 06:02 am:

John,

There is a lot of misinformation out there on how to wire the earlier Fords. There is a reason it existed when it did and how it did and the 15-17 is pretty safe as a wiring diagram.

It gets messier for the '18 onwards because by 1922 the insurance companies had declared Fords less than desirable as underwriting risks, would still underwrite Fords...but only do so at a much larger premium, until Ford redid the wiring arrangement in general starting in 1922 and I imagine many of those cars still on the road got converted to 'new' harnesses in order to take advantage of the lesser rates.

Anyway...here's a new copy of the 15 - 17...fairly strightforward...but if you need further help, just come on back or send me a PM.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration