Annual Easter Car Show in St. Louis

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Annual Easter Car Show in St. Louis
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 08:51 pm:

For the 53rd year in a row. the Horseless Carriage Club of Missouri has held their annual Easter car show (Concours d'Elegance) in Forest Park. For the last six years, I have not had a car in the show because grandchildren hunting Easter eggs has taken priority, but I always try to attend. The local Model T Club displays as a club, and is always in the front row.

I will leave it to one of the participants to identify the cars....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:11 pm:

Here are a few more pics from today's show. I had hoped to take my car, but it is currently down with an ignition problem, I hope to have it back on the road soon.

Being a Mopar as well as a Ford guy, I snuck in one Dodge Brothers picture, hope nobody minds :-)

show1

show2

show3

show4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:44 pm:

Mark, my grandparents owned six cars in their lives: a 1915 Dodge, a 1929 Dodge, a 1936 Dodge, a 1941 Dodge, a 1950 Dodge and a 1956 Chrysler. I don't mind the picture at all..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:28 pm:

Was there a horse to go with that buggy in the third picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:07 am:

Too bad they didn't park them in alternate spaces so you could get better pictures. Looks like they had enough space.

Looks like fun. Find any eggs?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:25 am:

That "Santa" T has to be the reddest car I've ever seen! Sure looks neat with all the white contrast. The runabout in the first pic with the tan top...is that top color considered correct? This is like the second or maybe third one lately I've seen, just wondering. Thanks for the great pics guys! Getting me more in the car show mood now that it's finally starting to warm up here too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:42 am:

Steve, three of the best-known cars manufactured in St. Louis were the Dorris, the St. Louis and the Moon. The buggy was manufactured by Moon Bros. Carriage Co., forerunner of the Moon Motor Car Company. No, no horse...

Dave, the show officially runs from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm and the organizers request that all cars stay until the end. In fact (since it's Easter, probably), show cars begin leaving around 1:00. I took these pictures at about 1:45, I think, and a number of cars had headed home. Many of the empty spaces had had cars in them an hour earlier.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:54 am:

I will confirm what Dick said, at its peak the place was jammed. The show is actually two shows in one - the upper Muny parking lot show is sponsored by the HCCA and contains the vintage, classic, and stock cars. The lower Muny parking lot show is sponsored by the St. Louis Street Rod Association and features street rods, muscle cars, and all other special interest vehicles. Here's a sample from the lower lot show:

rod1

rod2

rod3

rod4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Rosenkrans on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:02 am:

Interesting to see the Dingo/Ferret, you so rarely see military stuff at a car show. I always bring my WWII Jeep and trailer to the local Memorial Day show and its always the only military thing on a field of 400+ cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:28 am:

The red car with Santa by it is one I helped restore. Santa's name is Dave Becherer and
he is a retired school principal. He contacted me in 2012 about getting a touring car and I found him one about 4 weeks later. Below is what the car looked like as bought. He put a lot of money in that car and is justifiably proud of it. He has named it Rudy.

Steven

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

The King Midget looks as though it has a pair of home made doors.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration