Look what followed me home!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Look what followed me home!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:28 pm:

After a year of searching, I finally found a friend for my 1916 Touring! I think they're happy together. Can't wait to start tinkering this week!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill in Adelaida Calif on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:33 pm:

About time :-) Looks good, and it has plenty of horns!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Nice, what is the story on it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:43 pm:

Whoa! Now THAT is nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 11:07 pm:

Excellent! Keeping the wheels, or going original?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:04 am:

Bill-
Congratulations to the addition to the family. But, you are in trouble now.

When you get two Model Ts together they multiply.

Especially if one is extra horny...

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 05:34 am:

I'll keep an eye on them! The car was from the Milwaukee area and had sat in an auto parts store as a display since 1968. Where it was prior to that is anybody's guess, but supposedly Wally Rank, the Buick dealer/auto collector bought it and held it for a friend in 1998. The fellow I bought it from is in the early stages of deminsia and can't remember too much about the history so that's pretty much all I know. I looks to be in pretty solid shape with the original, unrestored engine cast 3/9/14 #495181. The interior is all original except for the seat cushions - which were replaced probably in the 50's. The top is an older replacement with incorrect irons but still serviceable. The car came with a TON of extra parts - a complete set of Corcoran head and side lamps, a complete set of 1915 brass trimmed head/side lamps, ten wood fello wheels, lots of old timers and spark plugs in original boxes, two Klaxon horns (one brass, one steel), two water pumps, extra fan and bracket, tool box, etc, etc, etc,!!! I'll probably be selling off some of the extra parts soon so I'll post pictures when I can. I'm planning on sending the wood fello wheels to Stutzman for new spokes and then selling off the de-mountables. This car is going to keep most of it's "patina" and I don't plan on restoring her other than mechanicals and the top/wheels. I like all the dents and scratches and the aged brass - it adds character!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 06:23 am:

I don't know if I'd be too quick to sell off the demountables. Should you decide to get in on some serious touring, they'd be a nice option to have (along with one spare rim with a mounted tire).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 06:33 am:

Bill,

Iím glad your persistence in searching paid off. It looks like a great car that will give you lots of smiles for many years to come.

I would agree with Bobís recommendation to consider hanging onto the demountables in case you want to tour the car lots. They make changing a flat a lot easier.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 07:32 am:

Thanks for the advice on the wheels - I will indeed hold off on any sales just now. BTW, does anyone know of a product I could rub on the upholstery to make it softer? The original seat backs are still usable and I'd like to keep it, but it is very stiff and cracked. I know it's not leather, but is there a product like saddle soap or something that can soften and re-vitalize the material?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 07:40 am:

Nice score Mr Elliot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 07:56 am:

Nice car Bill! Have to throw in my two cents too on keeping the demountables, even though I like to keep things correct, there's one area where if you can, throw out the correctness. Kind of wish I had 'em for my '15. Oh well, I won't be touring that car at least not anytime soon.
Better be adding on to that garage...like Keith said, put two together and they multiply. Especially since your new one IS horny!! LOL
Mine sure multiplied quickly!
Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:09 pm:

Nice! Very nice! Congratulations! Those two make a wonderful Pair.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 09:45 pm:

I believe that sat on the floor inside Wizinewski's (Wizzies) auto parts in Milwaukee, much like Warshawskis' in Chicago. We'd go there in the early 60's for T parts. Youd have to go down stairs to the basement for the old stuff, but even then they carried new Tiger timers, rebuilt wood coils, even rebuild con rods.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 09:55 pm:

Trooper, that sounds about right. I don't know the auto parts name, but according to the seller the car was in an auto parts store in Milwaukee for a long time. Apparently this guy used to deliver parts to them when he was young and spotted the T. When he was older, he had his friend Wally Rank buy the car from the auto parts store and Wally kept the car in his Buick dealership showroom until he could pay him for it. The seller sent me photos of when he brought the car home in 1998 and it looked pretty much as it does today so I'm thinking the car had a cosmetic restoration sometime prior to going into the auto parts store.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:02 pm:

Bill, I'm glad to see that you got the car home. Hope I can meet you in LePeer for the Jamboree in August.
Mike

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration