Cheap tire Tubes from suppliers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Cheap tire Tubes from suppliers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:50 pm:

Anyone else have the problem. After struggling changing tires and new tubes@ $35 ea with nice brass valve stem ( doesn't mean a thing) the new tube blew at 38 psi, Too thin too cheap both tube and tires made in Vietnam ! I put the old nice thick tubes back in , next time I'll won't even change the tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:01 pm:

that has been an issue for a while. actually the vietnamese stuff is better than what was coming out of poland or checkelzlawhatever years ago. my friend went thru 6 tubes on a model a. coker replaced them all, but not shipping. his were splitting at the seam. thats why many people has started to use flaps to keep your old tubes as safe as possible and live a long life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 08:11 am:

Tubes I bought from Lucas about seven years ago were made in India and have done well, don't know if they are still available but India does produce a lot of tires and rubber and has done so much longer than Vietnam. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevin Gough on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:12 am:

Glad to hear that Keith, because the set of tubes I ordered in from Lucas for my 1914 Buick were made in India. They seem okay so far, but I was really concerned about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:36 am:

What I've seen about various goods from India is that they try to make a good product and often succeed while so many other countries try to make a poor product and always succeed. I would risk buying tubes from India.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration