26/27 windsheild

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 26/27 windsheild
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Volkman on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 03:41 am:

Hello all I purchased a windshield kit from Macs who do a great job but I cant work out how it all goes together .

The holes in the filler block seem to be in the wrong end as they are at the same end as the cap that retains the glass and the hole in the frame are at the opposite end ? .

The bolt that is the pivot point also wont sit in the chrome cup .

Any help would be great ta Bill ( Australia )

windsheild windsheild 1windsheild 2windsheild 3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Volkman on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 03:50 am:

Some more photos windsheildwindsheildwindsheildwindsheild

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:39 am:

Well, retro parts are rarely bolt on.. I just had a look at my original frame
frame.
The nuts didn't look like the ones in your pics, they're supposed to be conical and thinner. They're on the outside of
the cone, not inside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:28 pm:

Bill,
In your photos you have the wing nut on the wrong end of the stud. Take the wing nut off and then that end screws into the frame using the square shoulder to tighten the stud.

Then the collar goes on, then into the stantions and last the wing nut on the outside.

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:36 pm:

Should have read "repro parts" above. Irritating auto correct on the phone :-(
Here's a photo of my original windshield taken apart:
26 windshield

Note the repro stud is listed as fitting many years in the catalog - maybe they copied the nut from some other year Ford. It's not the same as mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:58 pm:

Your filler blocks look like they are for the 1913 to early 1921 windshield frames with the two screw hinges. 1921-27's had one stud on each side of the windshield frame. You may have to lay the filler blocks out and re-drill and tap new holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 03:24 pm:

If you need a new set of filler blocks, I have a set I don't need. I picked them up new from Langs but the windshield I ended up finding already had a good set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Volkman on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 04:18 pm:

Thanks heaps guys I will have another go taking on board you're advice Bill

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration