Old Photo - Wampus Cat Speedster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Old Photo - Wampus Cat Speedster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:57 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:03 am:

Very cool. Looks like a Metz seat.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:08 am:

Pretty similar to the speedster body Donnie (?) bought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 12:09 pm:

That little kid must have gotten a lot of money from the tooth fairy to buy that car.

(look behind you can see the legs and part of a head of someone holding the baby up.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

I thought those were the baby's legs! ;>)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:08 pm:

The body is similar to mine, but the cowl is longer. This one looks like a factory, mystery car seat (Metz ??), with a hand formed cowl, married to the seat. Its a very nice photo of a period correct speedster. I have seen that style windshield with the wood filler strip (or sheet metal filler)at the bottom of the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

something came up missing on my post above. I meant to say I have seen that style windshield on other speedsters

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 02:52 pm:

INteresting meaning of Wampus Cat from Wiki,
"The wampus cat is often compared to the Ewah of Cherokee mythology, in that it was a woman who disguised herself in the skin of a cougar to spy on the men of the tribe, as they sat around the campfire with their wolf brothers, and told sacred stories on a hunting trip. When the woman was discovered, the tribe's medicine man punished her by transforming her into a half-woman, half-cat, who supposedly still haunts the forests of East Tennessee.[1] In folklore, it can be seen as one of a number of fearsome critters. In some sections of rural East Tennessee, the legend of the Wampus Cat takes on a more sinister tone. It is said that the Wampus Cat is a spirit of death and the earth, and when her cry is heard, it means someone is going to die and be buried within the next three days."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 04:24 pm:

Cool name for a cool speedster. Here's another Wampus Cat from Memphis, TN, 1958 :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O9-19JbC8M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 01:33 pm:

Lyrics from a verse of the song, "Live Fast Love Hard Die Young", by Faron Young;

I wanna live fast, love hard, die young
And leave a beautiful memory
I'm a Wampus cat, let me grab my hat
And baby come along with me

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration