1926 Tudor door window bottom seal

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: 1926 Tudor door window bottom seal
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Blanche on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:40 am:

Is there, or can someone post, a photo of the outside bottom of a 1926 Tudor with its door window rolled up? I want to see how the rain seal is supposed to fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:29 am:

Michael.

I'm surprised no one has answered yet. I did find this http://www.modeltford.com/item/8020.aspx I would say for this to function the rain seal would have to go to the outside so that when the window is up, the seal presses against the sill. I had to use Model A window channel as mine were missing when I got my car. With the A channel the rain seal can't work as the channel does not run the full length of the glass. With a T channel it would probably work. I'm not sure just how effective this seal would be. Anyway there are drain holes in the door to let water out that does get in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:05 am:

I think the seal works better as an anti rattle device than a seal. KGB

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration