Tailgate Hinges

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Tailgate Hinges
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gregory B. Gregson on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 01:44 pm:

Did Ford change hinge designs between 1925 and 1926 Model T Runabout Pickup? One tailgate was removed from a 1925 pickup bed while the other was removed from a 1926. 26Tailgate25Tailgate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 09:37 pm:

The one on the right looks like my original '25 bed gate hinges. They may be unique to 25??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, April 21, 2014 - 10:07 pm:

model a hinges and gates are very similar, i think they interchange, but with slight differences like you show. sorry i can not be more specific, just a thought

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 10:38 am:

The one on the left is a Model A. They beefed up that hinge in 1929, because they broke a lot at the bottom. Another point of interest: The bolts in the 1925 oppose each other, but in 1926-7 they go the same direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 11:49 am:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration