Starter Conversion Question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Starter Conversion Question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 05:04 pm:

Thinking of adding a starter to my 1912 Torpedo.

Will a starter transmission cover fit my 1912 motor and pan? I have heard it will and it won't, so chime in and set me straight.

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 05:50 pm:

You can easily check while you're adding a starter ring.You will have it all apart anyway.I think it will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 06:03 pm:

You have to pull the engine and change the flywheel to one with a starter ring gear, then you can add the starter type hogshead and starter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 07:25 pm:

will the starter hog head fit the block and pan of a 1912 motor?

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 07:27 pm:

Yes!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 07:35 pm:

A 1919-25 starter hogs head will fit on your 1912 pan. I did just that on my Town Car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 08:04 pm:

There's a cutout in the magneto ring for the starter. You might have to change the magneto ring, or maybe you can cut out the half-moon required.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 09:00 pm:

The 1912 magneto coil ring clears a starter with no modification.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration