More Cars Out of the River

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: More Cars Out of the River
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 09:41 pm:

They are still dragging cars out of the Big Thompson River. I drove my 16 up to Estes and stopped to take a couple of pictures. The first one was just opposite the 76 flood memorial. I stopped to wait for Dan Chapasko and spotted the wheel. I was not sure it was a car. I asked Dan if it was a car and he said he thought so. We walked across the road and sure enough it was a car.

first car

The second car is sitting not to far above the Dam Store.

white car

white car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:08 am:

Dave,
When I was there in Nov, I was amazed at the campground along the creek that still had the campers and motorhomes half covered in the mud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison_Rice Minnesota on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

That just seems unreal. Anytime I've been to Estes it has seemed like a quiet little stream. Actually we stayed in a cabin right on the side of it once and all the times when we went to visit my son, there's no way that kind of damage would seem possible. I was more concerned about being stampeded by the elk.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration