OT-Old Photos - The Cycletow - Streamlining Automotive Service in Exclusive Hollywood, Caifornia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: OT-Old Photos - The Cycletow - Streamlining Automotive Service in Exclusive Hollywood, Caifornia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Greenlees on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 07:23 am:

A rider above with his Harley-Davidson after unhitching it from the Model "A" Ford at a Ford and Lincoln dealer while dropping it off for service.

The rider below and his Cycletow on his way to pick up another car. See many more photos and learn all about this clever innovation @ http://theoldmotor.com/?p=118932

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:32 am:

First time I ever saw training wheels on a motorcycle!<g> Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:34 pm:

There is a guy in Alameda that rides a Harley with training wheels.
I don't know why.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:57 pm:

The training wheels are to keep the motorcycle upright when being towed behind.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Clipner-Los Angeles on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 01:48 am:

I'd like to see how they hooked it up to the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 09:28 am:

David,

Nice story about the Cycletow. I happened to notice that the Model A For in the photo is a 160C Deluxe Fordor, 1931 Model A Ford. A very low production body style for the Model As – depending on the source the number varies but it is always less than 5000.

I’ve seen more photos of a few surviving 160C bodied Model A’s than era photos of that body style. When Ford Motor Company went to produce a brochure, it was easier for them to “touch up” a 160B body by filling in the 3rd side window than to find a real version to photograph. If it is possible, I would like to obtain a higher resolution of the photo – at least the part with the 160C so we could see additional details etc. I would like to forward that to the 160C Special Interest Group of the Model A Ford Club of America. I will send you a note later today with my e-mail address or you can just click on my name to bring up my profile and my e-mail address is the third line down.

Why do I believe it is a 160C?

Compare to the photos from the MAFCA site at:

155-C, D 30-31 Town Sedan (Murray, Briggs)

160-A 1931 Standard Fordor Sedan (S/W)

160-B 1931 Town Sedan (S/W)

160-C 1931 Deluxe Fordor Sedan (S/W Blindback)

Again thank you so much for all your early photos and information!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration