Option for 24 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Option for 24 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:23 am:

didn't want to hijack Brent thread on straw colored wheels.

Aside from correct black body, wheels, etc...

Anyone have any other color photo option they can share on a later model roadster?

Just thinkin...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:39 am:

Our 27. Not sure if it's the correct red as it came to us that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:42 am:

For 1924 your factory options are black or nothing. A lot of people like varnished spokes (a dealer option), but I prefer the stock black. There's been a lot of to and fro over engine painting. It seems the practice was hit and miss, with many early engines apparently unpainted. Some folks use a cast-iron-looking engine paint to simulate that. On engines that received paint Ford used a black "Gilsonite wash". I find black satin finish Rustoleum satisfactory for engines and other chassis parts. There's a widely spread superstition that on improved cars the correct engine color is "Model A green", whatever that is. I've seen a picture of an original 1927 engine in a museum, and to me it looks mighty close to OD. Ford called it moleskin. The following encyclopedia page is irrelevant for your 1924, but some may find it useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 10:22 am:

So I guess, it's black. Thanks Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 12:06 pm:

The 26-27 engine green is definitely NOT the Model A engine green. The T color is much "grey-er" and, as mentioned, seems to be close to the military OD Green, based on the few samples remaining on (mostly) display engines. Lots of threads on this subject in the past. Those not on dial-up (like me) can probably search for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 03:36 pm:

I was on a local T tour once and we were parked in a shopping center parking lot. Some guy came up to me and informed me that Jillian's pink T was a factory colour in the UK. I said "pink? are you sure?" He insisted that it was true.

http://mtstandard.com/pink-model-t/image_8753ed42-ba8e-11e1-b3e4-001a4bcf887a.ht ml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 04:36 pm:

From 1925 on UK produced T's were offered in four colors: Black, Empire grey, Orriford lake, and Cobalt blue with the interior in colors too on open cars. I wasn't there so I can't tell exactly what the original colors looked like when the cars were new, but I doubt they were anything close to pink..

Swedish sold T's were offered in grey as an option from 1924 and in the UK color options from 1925.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration