Door-Straps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Door-Straps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 05:19 pm:

Some of the screws that hold in my '15 Touring's door-straps have fallen out and gone missing, so as long as they're to be replaced anyway, I figure it'd be best to check and make sure I'm using the correct fabric and hardware (no sense repeating a mistake if the last guy happened to do it wrong).

What size screws should I use? Should the screws and cup-washers be brass?

What color should the straps be and should they be leather or web?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

In '15 they could have been either woven cotton webbing or leather. If leather, I believe they used #7 x 3/4" oval head brass screws with brass trim washers. If cotton, they were nailed with plain upholstery or carpet tacks (NOT the "button" tacks called saddle nails) to the wood uprights underneath the panels and the upholstery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 07:31 pm:

Whether leather or cotton, they should be black.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:07 pm:

So if I want to use brass screws (which would look snazzier and still be correct), I should switch over from black webbing to to black leather. Right?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:49 pm:

Since a '15 could have had either, I'd use leather not just for looks but for durability.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration