Fordson Tractor in Knoxville

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Fordson Tractor in Knoxville
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 05:44 pm:

A couple of weeks ago, we were in Knoxville delivering my Model AA to its new owner. While we were there, we ate at Backyard Burgers and right next to the parking lot was a little old Fordson Tractor! The engine was seized and there was a hole in the block that someone repaired. :-( I'm not an expert on these, so if you guys are up to the challenge :-), tell me what year the Fordson is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 06:08 pm:

Judging by the wheels and coil box I would guess that it is a later 26 or 27 model. Could tell more if I could see the what it had for carburetor
manifolds etc. Also the serial number on the engine would be helpful it is located on the right side by the #1 exhaust port.

Here is a picture of my 1927. The front wheels are the same as the wheels on the tractor you posted. They have the pressed lip around the outer edge. Earlier tractors did not have that. Earlier tractors also had less spokes on the front and rear wheels.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Taylor on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 06:44 pm:

Ok, I thought it would be earlier than that, but like I said I'm no expert! :-)

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 07:52 pm:

Jim Eubanks probably knows what this is, it has been sitting at Calhouns's for many years, we used to have gatherings there, it looks like they painted it recently, it was covered in bird droppings until they fixed the large sign just above it.

Rick

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration