Bob Bergstadt has some GREAT deals on ebay!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Bob Bergstadt has some GREAT deals on ebay!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 06:38 pm:

Check them out >>> http://www.ebay.com/sch/modelt2001/m.html?item=151286346418&hash=item23395e72b2& pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 07:39 pm:

Very nice items for sure! On a side note, I just sent EBAY a nasty message after learning the percentage they charge for the total sale price is also applied to the shipping cost. So, if it cost $15.00 to ship, they charge the seller an additional $1.50. Criminal to say the least!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:06 pm:

They did that because so many were cheating and sell things for a penny and $50 shipping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:26 pm:

Yea that shipping treatment is flat out wrong.
Why that is legal I dont know.
Makes me angry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:47 pm:

The shipping thing burns me up too.......so I list at the minimum at which I will sell including free shipping.
There's more than one way to skin a cat and saves a lot of headaches too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:13 pm:

I like that free shipping idea Craig. I hate to tell a buyer I will need to add a processing fee to the shipping cost to cover EBAY's greed. Especially since the buyer is paying to have the purchased item shipped to them.

I wonder if the same percentage is also tacked onto the sales tax collected if you are selling new items? It would not surprise me.

Maybe someone should start another similar site and only charge a flat five percent of the sell price. I'm sure it would be a success and five percent of each sale would still make it quite lucrative. I know I would switch over in a heart beat. I'm sure other would also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 02:02 am:

Mark......the free shipping circumvents ebay's fouled up shipping calculator and you don't have to get back to the buyer with shipping fees then wait to get paid.
An added bonus is people LOVE to see that word.......I know I do.
I've made a lot of purchases primarily because of the free shipping, INCLUDING the king pin set I bought from Bob....... :-)
I have a NOS pin and bushing set but I know I'll be needing a set in each of my two Ts' so I couldn't pass up a great price AND free shipping.

(SEE how that FREE thing works?....... ;) )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 06:58 am:

I know some folks have some horror stories of dealing with eBay or getting screwed on a deal (item was wrong or buyer didn't pay). However, I haven't had those kinds of problems where eBay didn't take care of me. I've used their customer service number, taken advantage of buyer protection, all kinds of things. Between all of that and their search engine, the ease of posting things with pictures for sale, heck even the eBay mobile app that lets me do EVERYthing from my phone, it doesn't surprise me that there's a fee involved. Like many of our great vendors in the T world have to remind folks, stuff ain't free. Granted, eBay is in the business of making money. If you want to post some stuff for sale without the fee then Craigslist is ready and waiting. But let me know how Craigslist rates the buyers and sellers while you're on there, or how they work to make sure nobody is getting hosed (which is really hard when you have 2 angry people and have no clue who's telling the truth). It no longer surprises me but never ceases to amaze me how folks always want something for nothing. As another poster said, the fee for the shipping came about because folks were selling things for $50 shipping but only paying the selling fee on $.02. No, I don't own stock in eBay, it just grinds my gears sometimes when folks complain about voluntarily paying for service that they knew wasn't free when they signed up.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration