Ruckstell Axel Shifter Bracket Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Ruckstell Axel Shifter Bracket Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:05 am:

I am looking for a Ruckstell bracket that mounts the shift lever to the transmission. Does anyone have one for sale? I P/N 139,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:19 am:

This should be placed in the classifieds. That being said, if you can't find a good used one,
Chaffin's, Lang's, Snyder's and I am sure others will have them in their catalogs. Check their on line catalogs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:52 am:

Daniel,
Did you check with Dave Huson?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:55 am:

Lang's has the whole lever and bracket, but not the bracket by itself that I could find. It's a bit much at $158 if you only need the bracket and not the whole lever assembly. Same deal at Snyder's.

http://www.modeltford.com/item/P189A.aspx

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/100

As I look at the pictures I think it'd be pretty easy to make one the brackets yourself really. A little cutting, welding, grinding, drilling and painting and you're ready to go, for a whole lot less than $160+ to buy and ship that part.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 12:27 pm:

Chaffin's makes the Ruckstell parts, you could call them and see if they have just the bracket.
951-735-4791

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 01:53 pm:

Thank you guys.. Mr Huson is building the ruckstell for me but he does not have an extra original part. Dan Loveland, CO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:38 am:

That bracket is not hard to make, especially if you have another for a pattern. 3/8" plate works well for the flat part, a chunk of an old axle for the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Okey on Wednesday, May 07, 2014 - 09:36 am:

Daniel M. Chapasko I sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:32 pm:

Daniel, We make the bracket. P/N P14A $50.00 new

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel M. Chapasko on Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

I have bracket Thank you guys for helping me.

Respectfully,

Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration