Wiper blade ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Wiper blade ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 08:38 pm:

my 24 tudor has a hole in the windshield frame for the wiper shaft and it is 5/16" dia. is there grommet or some type of bushing for this? thanks, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 08:48 pm:

If it is too big for a hand wiper shaft; it may have been drilled out in years past for an electric wiper motor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 08:59 pm:

I may have screwed up! I have the windshield painted,new safty glass installed and assembled on the car. I don't have a wiper assembly yet so I guess i'll need to get one and go from there. does anyone know the shaft dia? thanks. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Ken,
You don't really need a wiper. Don't drive in the rain or if you do used Rain-X treatment on the windshield.
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 09:14 pm:

I just wish I would have thought about the wiper hole dia. earlier, now I`ll have to rig something. at least it`s up under the visor. ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 09:52 pm:

Ken, Most Ace hardwares, at least the bigger ones, have an assortment of metal bushings that might solve your problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:08 pm:

Ken,
When I inquired at Chickasha about a top for my touring they wanted to know if I had a wiper on the car. If I had a wiper or wanted to put one one someday they would build the top with a notch to clear the wiper where it comes through the windshield.
Oh, I just looked at your profile and see you have a closed car....Oh well, maybe this info will help someone with an open car....
Good Luck with your project!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:24 pm:

Ken, the wiper on the closed cars are different than the touring, they are a little longer, Model T Haven usually has some.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 06:58 am:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I know a wiper is not needed but I think they look good. heck, I don`t even know how to drive a model t yet so that wiper will be the last thing I`ll need to master. I`ll get a few pictures of the progress of my t posted in a day or two. Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 07:22 am:

Ken, the wiper on my 24 has a bushing that goes thru the frame of the windshield. I'll try and get some pics if you need them. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:57 am:

I actually USED my wiper (Touring) on a trip one day. I was amazed at how well it worked!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ken bechtel on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 07:04 pm:

Hay Keith! a picture would help. are you able to get a measurement of the bushing? the hole in my frame is 5/16" dia. thanks, Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 08:22 pm:

I have used mine in both rain and snow! :-) Mine has blades on both sides of the glass. With an open cab sometimes you get rain and/or fog on both sides.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration