Speedster Radius Rods ???? who made them...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Speedster Radius Rods ???? who made them...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 09:59 pm:

I have this set of radius rods I plan on using on the speedster project. I have had them several years and do not know who made them or how to adjust the spring end. I assume they would have a light spring tension so as to allow some flexing. Also do you still use the stock ford radius rod with them. It will fit with this aftermarket speedster set. My front end will be lowered 3 inches with a set of Laurel underslinging brackets. Ill post a pic of the speedster in its first stage mock up. It is setting way too high on the stands at this time, and I am still looking for body style ideas for the rear section. Ill do most of the work this fall and winter but Im sorting thru the collected treasures to see what to use. I have never seen another set of these radius rods so they are going on it for sure. Ill post pics in next posting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 10:03 pm:

front radius rodsradius rods 2radius rods 3radius rods 4radius rods 5radius rods 6

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 10:05 pm:

Here is the first stage mock up ...mock up

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ex trooper on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

Mine are home made. I used HEIM joints with a LH/RH thread on the ends to give a full adjustment range of caster (about 4-5 degrees) and square to the frameness (SP). The ball on the oil pan was eliminated altogether... ws

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/qy7sky.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/103v9u0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/23jfre1.jpg[/IMG]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 11:43 pm:

They are called "Common Sense" I believe, Dan Treace posted a while back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Olsen on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 12:36 am:

Thanks for those pics Troop, I was looking for an alternative to stock.
Donnie, are the springs replaceable? These look like a clever setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 09:19 am:

ED: Thanks for the info and ad pic. The ones in the ad have 2 springs and mine has one spring. Mine may have been re-worked as there are pipe spacers between the center bracket and the rear bracket. It may have been done to strengthen the rods going to the rear. ??? Mine are also a little different in that the center bracket where it says "Adjust Here for Pitch of Axle" is a solid mount point. The nuts have been moved to the front of the rod at axle clamps. The springs and adjustment point may just have been a design change. Chris: Yes the springs are replaceable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sullivan, Powell WY on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 01:06 pm:

If anyone ever has another set of these to sell, like the ones Donnie has pictured, please PM me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 03:09 pm:

There has been a discussion on those on here before. Maybe someone can find it. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 07:59 pm:

I have had these about 20 years (or more). I had never seen another set. but today I had a fellow Arkansas T owner call me and say he also has a set. I will not post his name as he does not want to sell them. He also said he saw a set on a speedster from California. If anyone does know the previous thread I would love to read it. I have very poor luck with keyword searches....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 10:33 pm:

I have a set to, i am going to put them on my 15 gram bro. form a truck.charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration