New Winter Project (update)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: New Winter Project (update)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:20 pm:

Some of you may remember my thread on New winter project.
I haven't done much updating, on the subject.... Due to being really busy at work ect...ect...
This was a very near original 1915 Roadster, barn find out of the foot hills of North Carolina / Blue Ridge area.
So far we've checked most everything out on the car, inside the engine looks great, the transmission is very good looking as well... I've scraped all the loose paint from the wheels, covered the seats with burlap sacks ( which I like) painted the entire body inside and out, plus the wood with linseed oil, got the top tacked back in place, pulled it outside today for the first time sense we got it home. Cut the gas line blew it out with compressed air, put in a new in line gas filter put in 2gal of the 100% gas.
Installed a 6v battery choked it turned it 2 turns, released the chock turned it 2-3 more turns BAM.... It fired right up after a 10 + year nap. Drove it around the yard then got her out on the road and made a lap around the block runs Great! Drives Great! Transmission is quite, rear end is quite.
After sitting in the garage a couple hours after the drive it started to loose antifreeze the back freeze plug was leaking... so around here there's no where to get one at 10pm. It now has a nickel in its place worked fine...
Here's a few pictures of it sitting outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 01:52 am:

Thanks for the update!
Beautiful T.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:22 am:

Perfect

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By michael grady on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 12:07 pm:

lots of good fun Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 10:41 pm:

Took it to our first cruse-in today, it ran great all the way there and back home. It kinda reminded me of a bee hive drawing in all the bees, I don't think anyone walked by it with out stopping and looking and asking a ton of questions. Also a dozen of offers and 2 dozen others wanting me to price it...
Your right on point Michael it's loads of fun.
Not sure you can see the bird poop on the windshield or not but I don't have any plans on cleaning anything on the car, my Dad said we need to clean the glass, I said no it took to many years to get that look....lol! Not changing a thing....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 09:55 am:

Steve, I really like the looks of the car but if the windshield is original plate glass it needs to be replaced.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/190544.html?1297621558

Please let us know how the burlap seat covers hold up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 10:49 am:

Inline gas filter = good intentions, bad idea. Better remove that before you get stuck somewhere.

The car looks great, I like it!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 07:51 pm:

Dale thanks for your concerns... I know glass will have to go for safety reasons....
Royce after a couple tanks of gas the filter may go on the shelf just want to catch any or all the debris I can right away.
I usually do away with the tiny little gas line that ford used, and up size that at least two sizes ID. Gas just seems to flow better especially when traveling up hills. Our driving areas here aren't real flat in Tennessee so a little more fuel flow helps keep the old T's from coughing, belching and lunging while pulling steep hills. Guys Thanks for the advice it's always well received.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 07:52 pm:

I'll let you know on the burlap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:15 pm:

Steve great car but I do have 3 words..."Ice Cream Run!"

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration