Advice on transport company - Maine to NJ.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Advice on transport company - Maine to NJ.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 04:44 am:

Hello Folks,
I have bought a nice old C-cab Model TT in Medway, Maine recently and I want to transport it to New Jersey. I seem to have run into a bit of a problem finding a reasonable priced haulier for the job. Can anyone recommend a company please? It seems the height of 7ft 6ins is the main issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wes Nelson ........Bucyrus, MO on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 05:23 am:

call Jim
(260) 804-6695

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 04:29 am:

Thanks Wes .... :-)

Right now I am sitting in a Denny's just outside Kanosha, WI getting ready to pick up a 69' Dodge Super Bee bound for Denver City, TX in the morning .

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 05:52 am:

BTW ....

My maximum interior height allowance is 78 inches
for my enclosed trailer .... :-)

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 08:19 am:

I'm afraid the C-cab is 7ft 3ins high. I think this is why we are having difficulty.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 08:49 am:

It will fit on an open trailer.

Have you looked into the cost of renting one?

If you don't have a tow vehicle, maybe you could rent that too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:13 am:

Thanks - that is a good suggestion, but I live overseas and I need transport to the shipping company. Looks like you've been busy though!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 01:52 pm:

I should have looked at your profile. Towing to England would be too costly. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

Trw www.uship.com
It may automatically switch to EU but you can choose internal US shipping, post what you want & evaluate any offers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 02:05 pm:

Suggestion, go on USHIP.com

I have used this site like EBAY for shippers in the past

You put in what you want to ship, weight and dimensions from where to where and a range of dates.

Shippers bid on the cost

You can look at customers reviews of the shippers

Also you will need to find a fright forwarder

send me an email and i will put you in touch with a friend i shipped a Model T from Chicago to Scotland via Liverpool

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By len doyle on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 06:00 pm:

Many thanks to those who responded. I have now organised the overland transport.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration