Trailer Suppliers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Trailer Suppliers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 03:38 pm:

In the event I can't find a used trailer for the T, I'll order one. I'll want it to be high enough to get the touring (with the top up) inside.

I believe a 16' inside and max legal width (96"?) will suit me fine.

Let me know your thoughts on manufacturer's as well as dealers.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Thode Chehalis Washington on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 03:55 pm:

Max width is 102" in most all states and Canada, except for some roads in a few south states.
https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/laws/trailer-dimensions/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 04:06 pm:

Thank you, Jim.

I'm looking for input on what manufacturers Model T'ers have had good luck with, as well as dealers who offer good prices on ordering a trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 05:40 pm:

Bill - I'm kind of interested in the response you get on this, because I'd like to have an enclosed trailer too some day. One problem I've noticed is that while there are are a couple of big trailer manufacturers whose trailers are available nationally, a few guys have been very happy with a trailer they bought, which is interesting, but so often, it's a trailer built by a small manufacturer and only available locally.

Several years ago, I saw an enclosed car-hauler trailer that had an optional fold-out bunk on one side of the trailer, similar to a fold-out camping trailer bunk. This really appealed to me, however, the dealer that had that particular trailer on display soon went out of business, and I've never seen an enclosed car-hauler trailer with fold-out bunk for sleeping since! Anybody else ever heard of such a thing? Would be nice on a "long cross-country haul" to be able to stay in your car-hauler trailer overnight while traveling, huh?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Floyd Voie - Chehalis, Washington on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 07:53 pm:

Bill,
I get on Ebay once in a while and look at car trailers. One dealer I look at is in Fitzgerald, GA. I believe they sell Husky brand. They fascinate me because their price is so much cheaper than anything comparable we can get on the West Coast. I wonder if anyone on the forum has dealt with them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 10:37 pm:

Bill,

I had an 18' trailer with a door opening of 7'6" and 8.5' wide built here in Huntsville AL for about $6K. So far I'm very happy with the trailer. Here is their web site http://www.pandttrailers.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

Bill,I don't know how far you are from Salem Va. but Mike Trenor who owns Anchor Truck has supplied almost everyone in the N.C. Region of the Horseless Carriage Club. Mine had to be extra tall as my hack is 85 inches tall and I was also concerned about any up/down movement while transporting. The trailer is well built with torsion bar suspension and 3/8 interior plywood on the walls. It is 16x102x96(H). I also coated the floor with black tuff coat used on the beds of pick ups. It is a non slip surface that is easy to clean and helps to eliminate oil stains. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 12:16 am:

Bill,
In the panhandle of FL, east of Pensacola, is a small family operation that's been making trailers for over 20 years. http://www.elite-trailers.com/ I've bought several from them over the years ranging from a small 5x12 made by them to a 22K capacity one that they sell, but, made by someone else. My open car hauler was made by them with changes as I requested so I could also haul my tractors. My current enclosed trailer was bought from them in 2006. I'm currently getting my requirements sorted out to order my new one--probably Tuesday. It's kind of like ordering a car with exactly what you want, or picking one from what's on the lot. Give them a call and tell the lady that answers I referred you, and she can provide you with a list that tells you how much different things cost, so, you can design your own trailer. I highly recommend them.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration