Wiring loom question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Wiring loom question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 10:44 pm:

I am wanting to make up some non-standard looms for 4-ways/turn signals on the Hack and although the end result will be faux...I will be using varnished cloth covered tracer wires and period ends...I'd like to ask about experience with the various cloth covered asphaltum loom sizes guys have tried.

1/4" ID loom? 2 wires max...3?
5/16" ID loom? _____ wires?
3/8" ID loom? ______ wires?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 10:55 pm:

It works and looks somewhat era correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Saturday, April 26, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

Two wires in the 1/4" will be a tight fit. Especially if you're using cloth covered. You'll probably have to flatten the loom a little. You didn't say what gauge wire you're going to use but I'm guessing 16?

5/16 - 3-wire
3/8 - 4-wire

I've also noticed some cloth wire thickness variances depending on the source.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 12:07 am:

Thanks for that advice...

Sorry, yes it is for 16 ga. fiber covered wire that I'll probably buy from R.I. Wire since they have about 20 times the selection available as to colors/tracers over everyone else (but they are 10% - 15% more per foot).

I'll order my looms based on the above and let you all know how it works out. I have been looking hi and low for the optional 27 Model T Drum Duo-lights in good shape without luck...yet I was able to recently pick up a box of 1930 Model A Commercial Duo-light repops N-I-B for a very fair price (and a handful of McCandless 9V lamps for the '15 at the same time as icing on the cake :-))

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration