TT makes a completion, first Tour

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: TT makes a completion, first Tour
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:57 am:

My long awaited first Tour , the Shake down Motherlode T's.
No. California . A year and a half and right up to the rainy night before, the event , local pre-runs before and some more fine tuning. The 1925 TT C , with a clearing. And go ahead for the day, we had a healthy group of T attending, with into the tour , the T just quit at mile 10. , checking fuel and spark and the mystery, and some of the best thinkers with Eric Barrett, it started up again with out a miss to whole tour. It was the first time this engine went that long in between stops cruising with a Warford cast iron ( make shift looking driveline) and a Ruxsell , stock engine all 6 volt. This was the Gil Machado tour, and in my personal, memory for me was my Brother Mike Elliott. Gary Murry as co pilot. And more likely my brother who always would ride in the back of a truck was there among us . Now it's time to do some more upgrades and start on the other T for the next Tour.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 02:57 pm:

Congrats Steve. Where's the pics? With no Ruckstel or aux trans I don't take mine on tours--most folks don't like touring at 15 mph! But, yesterday was such a pretty day, I had to take it out into the countryside for a ride. My wife chased me for a while in her souped up golf cart and shot some pics. Luckily I have a state/national park close by with max speed of 30mph.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 05:01 pm:

Mike, 15 MPH in the TT's is for first gear only. I've heard this over and over. A stock setup with no Auxiliary Trans and a 7 to 1 rear ratio will run comfortable at 25 MPH plus. With a change in tire size, and a 5 to 1 rear ratio this changes to 35 MPH plus. Not to shabby if you stay off of the Freeway system. mine cruises at 40 with only larger tires and a Ruxstell 5 to 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 05:14 pm:

Steve had a great showing on his first tour. His truck has high speed gears and a Warford overdrive, also some upgrade goodies under the hood. He had no trouble keeping up with the pace of our tour. Brakes? No problem, his TT Sure Stops are beyond adequate and low profile. First ones I have seen and I am seriously thinking of a set for my dump truck.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:51 pm:

very nice truck Mike, well done Steve!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 02:16 pm:

Here is a couple of shots of Steve's TT from the tourSteve's TT

Steve's TT 2

Tour pictures can be sen here http://www.motherlodemodelt.com/Photos%2014/Shakedown/shkdwn.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:45 pm:

John, you captured some great photos, I'll make it up to you next tour, I was in Awe on my first Tour, and still Shaking ! The Wounded Warrior Museum was full and only about an 1/8 was shown, that you could even photo, so much a huge collection. I'll be back , thanks again for club photographer for the day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:57 pm:

Great looking truck Steve. I've always favored the C-cabs, and the fact you have it tourable is great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:05 am:

If it stays running, it will be a back up Tour Tow Truck, I always have the tow strap inside, but will weld a drop down trailer hitch to the rear . But drive through this season, then have Eric Barrett, build me a motor. Motor looked good inside when I opened it up , runs great but a small vibration and front engine knock , I'm one that really likes to listen to a engine . The Amos May not be charging. So I'm going to change the. Regulator commutator

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 11:07 am:

Typo. Amos May. .? Good name for a T

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration