Rocky Mountain brakes with Hassler shocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Rocky Mountain brakes with Hassler shocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 09:25 pm:

Seems like I've seen on here that Rocky Mountain brakes can not be used with Hassler shocks, is that right? If so, are there any accessory brakes that can be used with Hasslers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 09:38 pm:

If your car is pre 26 you can use the AC style brakes with the Hassler shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 09:40 pm:

Those are being reproduced, aren't they?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 10:45 pm:

Rocky Mountain brakes fit with pancake Hassler shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 10:49 pm:

With the regular Hasslers, won't they work because the repops use the larger drum? Will the original small drum Rocky Mountains work? What's the issue?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:10 pm:

The clearance is there using an original set of AC brakes and pancake Hasslers. I have a set on my ole Blue truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:13 pm:

The clearance is there using an original set of AC brakes and pancake Hasslers. I have a set on my ole Blue truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:29 pm:

I already have a set of the regular Hassler shocks and want to add accessory brakes. Will these work with the AC brakes too, or do I have to get a set of pancake ones,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:15 am:

You can use regular Hasslers and small drum brakes like the AC. It would help to know what year you are working on.
Do a Google search;
mtfca; ac brakes
You will get lots of info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:40 am:

Small drum brakes (unknown mfg) on this Hassler equipped T, these Hasslers are the double type for sedans. Clearance above the Hassler spring perch seems pretty good.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration