Pinerite

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2014: Pinerite
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:36 pm:

Anyone working on Ts will get their hands black. over many years I have tried all sort of hand cleaners and non worked real good including GO-JO. Recently Bill Heidenreich of TT fame brought me a jar of PINERITE hand cleaner. The ingredients are Borax, Sodium Soap, with 1 % Lanolin and Pine tree Powder. It is the only hand cleaner that truly get my hands clean and white. It is the best hand cleaner you'll ever use Guaranteed. Visit the website www.millcreekweb.com

hand cleaner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 11:53 pm:

I forgot to say my bottle of PINERITE was getting low so I fired up my T and drove out to Johnson's Truck Stop on 1-15 to get another bottle. When someone is at my shop working and I invite them into the house for a coffee break I let them try some and they are all amazed. No matter how black their hands are after using some PINERITE they are perfectly white. It even takes off Permatex number two and everyone knows how hard that is to get off.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:43 am:

Thanks Dave, I just ordered some direct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 07:05 am:

I'll try some too. I found that the only thing that ever got my hands really clean was professional window cleaning - having my hands wet in a concoction of Dawn and Ammonia all day would get everything, even the junk under my fingernails. If this works I'll be thrilled (so will my wife!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 08:44 am:

I've never seen it around here but it's available on Amazon for 7.70 plus about 4.00 shipping. Makes it a little pricey but I ordered just to try it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 08:48 am:

I just ordered some Pine Soap. I have been using this http://www.bearpawhandcleaner.com/ for the last two years, and I am happy with it, but always looking for ways to get the crud out of my skin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Klem on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 09:51 am:

I have found that using a Gardeners Balm prior to doing any kind of mechanical handiwork is the best.
Prevention not treatment!
On the other hand, actually both hands, coming in the house and doing the dishes works quite well :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:09 am:

I use nitrile gloves, so my hands never get dirty. I could use some balm on the arms sometimes, however.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:38 am:

I kept trying to use gloves. But, I end up tearing them and getting half nasty anyway - at which point I would take them off and throw them across garage. I have since given up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:52 am:

When wife catches me washing the dishes she asks: "Been working on your cars again?".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 10:59 am:

Dave Huson must have gone a long way to get his Pinerite. Unless there is another I-15, the highway I know goes up through Utah and north to the Canadian border.

How does Pinerite work on sensitive skin? My fingertips crack open and peel off and most hand cleaners will just make the condition worse. The car grease, however, seems to soothe my skin!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 11:57 am:

Please tell me what you use this for!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Gregory on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:44 pm:

Fred...just what it says ! Haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By A. Gustaf Bryngelson on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:59 pm:

I found the best way to get the black off your hands it to from a bunch of hamburger patties.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:47 pm:

Fred,
That's what I use on my hands, and I've never been close enough to a cow to milk it. It does wonders on the hands.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 01:50 pm:

More likely I-25, Norm....

http://johnsonscorner.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 03:04 pm:

Norm -
Are you positive that it is for hands?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, April 28, 2014 - 07:09 pm:

Norman King:

Your right and so is Dick Lodge, Johnson's corner is on I-25. Its the largest truck stop in Northern Colorado and is one of the best places to get Cinnamon Roles. Sometimes another Ter and I will drive to Johnson's Corner just for coffee and roles. You can park your T in front of huge windows so you can watch them.

Johnson" corner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:00 am:

Usually, if I can't get my hands perfectly clean, I just make meatloaf. Seems to do the job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 01:49 am:

My wife will never order meatloaf in a restaurant. Now I'm starting to understand her thinking,........hmmmmmm,.......

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration